The food you eat affects your life. It will affect your today, tomorrow and the future. Good nutritive diet is very essential for a healthy life. When you combine physical activity with the diet it can help you reach and maintain a good weight that is considered healthy. It reduces the risks of chronic diseases like heart disease and cancer. It will enhance overall health. Here are the other ways to know about the benefits of a healthy diet.
Why eating healthy food is essential?
The unusual eating habits have led to the rate of increase in obesity. Even for the people who have a healthy weight, the poor diet is associated with the majority of the health risks. These involve heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, cancer and osteoporosis. By making the food choices that are smart you can protect yourself from these health problems.
The risk factors for older people are hypertension and diabetes. They are seen in younger people also which is the result of unhealthy eating habits. The eating habits of the young age will follow up to the older age so teaching children at a young age can help them to have good eating habits when they are older.
The link between good food and healthy weight reduces the risk of chronic diseases. By taking simple steps to eat healthily you will be able to get nutrients that your body will need to stay healthy strong and active. Making small changes in the diet plan will give you massive benefits in the long run.
So we can say that good and healthy eating habits are essential to everyone’s life and there are food recipes that are tasty as well as healthy. Eating healthier is very easy than you think. Don’t worry unnecessarily about the strict diet charts and many restrictions on food they are old-school! Now it is very enjoyable to eat food that is tasty and healthy. Let’s talk about it now.
Eight healthy foods that keep you healthy
The small changes in the diet plan can benefit you immensely. Try to add six of the eight foods listed below. Try to add one new food to the diet plan per week. Then you will surely be surprised on how soon you get used to this interesting diet plan.
- The half plate filled with fruits and vegetables– You can opt for red, orange and dark green vegetables like sweet potato, broccoli and tomato and other vegetables as part of the meals. Add fruits as the main or the side dishes for your meal. The more colourful the plate the more likely you will be able to get the vitamins, minerals, fibre for the body to be healthy.
- Half of the whole grains- The easy way to eat the whole grains is to switch from the refined grain food to a whole grain food. For example, you can eat the whole grain bread instead of the white bread that is the commonly available ones. Read the list of ingredients and choose the products that have the whole grains. Things like oatmeal, buckwheat etc is known as whole grains.
- Get only fat-free or low-fat products- They have the same amount of calcium and other important nutrients like the whole milk but fewer calories and less amount of saturated fat.
- opt for lean protein foods– poultry, meat, seafood, dry beans or peas, nuts, eggs and seeds are considered as the part of the protein foods group. You have to select leaner beef, chicken breast or turkey breast.
- Compare the sodium with the diet– Use the nutrition fact label to choose the lower sodium versions of foods like soup, frozen meals and bread. Select canned foods labelled as ‘low sodium’, ‘no salt added’ and ‘reduced sodium’.
- Have water instead of drinks made with sugar– You can avoid the calories by unsweetened beverages by drinking water. Energy drinks, soda sports drinks have the major ingredient as sugar that is harmful to our health. Try adding a little of lemon, watermelon and lime juices to add a splash.
- Take seafood- The seafood like salmon, tuna, trout and shellfish like the crab, mussels and oysters are really great health providers in the range of seafood. They contain proteins, minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids. All the adults must take these eight ounces a week. The children can take smaller amounts of seafood to get the benefits.
- Avoid solid fats– Lessen the type of food that has solid fats. The major sources are cakes, cookies and ice-creams. The hot dogs, pizzas, slices of bacon and ribs also contain large amounts of solid fats.
The recipes for a healthy life
The blend of fruits and veggies
- You can mix the vegetables in the dishes. Like, try spinach and pasta or peppers in tacos.
- You can use frozen and canned vegetables. They contain the same measure of the nutrients. Use the packets that say hundred per cent juices, not syrup.
- Pack the bags with fruits and veggies like sliced apples, carrot sticks or bananas.
Snacks that are healthy
- For easy snacks, you can keep chopped vegetables and fruits like carrots, peppers and orange slices on the refrigerator.
- Teach the children every day the difference between healthy snacks like fruits and veggies and snacks like cookies and other sweets.
- Make the water a staple of the snack time. Try adding the lemon, lime or a splash of hundred per cent juices to the water for a little favour.
- Switch the cookie jar with a jar filled with fruits.
Techniques to reduce the fat, sugar and salt
- You can choose a baked or grilled food instead of the fries when you are eating out. You can practice this at the home too.
- Make water and fat-free or low-fat milk to take the place of soda and the other sweetened beverages.
- You can serve the fruits like desserts. Try taking a baked apple, pears or fruit salad.
- Read the labels of the packed ingredients to identify the foods of low sodium.
- You can skip adding salt when cooking. Use herbs and spices to add the flavour you want.
Control the measure of food
- You can use smaller plates to eat less.
- Don’t clean up the plate when you are full, you can save them for the next day.
- The portions size will depend on the height, gender and the activity level of the brain.
The meal ideas
These are some of the healthy meals you can cook and eat as a breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- A poached egg with avocado breakfast salad. You can have this salad for breakfast. Just whip the poached egg and toss it in the vessel with the tomatoes, lettuce, and cooked quinoa, avocados and pistachios for the crunchy taste.
- Try taking low-fat yoghurt with the amazing and healthy seasonal fruits like berries, bananas and melon.
- If you are a fan of peanut butters than just take the soaked peanuts and grind them. They will look like ice cream. But you have to restrict from eating it more.
- Instead of frying eggs and the bacon you can keep them in a tray and bake them to flawless perfection.
- You can eat a lot of baked fish to stay healthy and sparkly.
- Add mushrooms to make meatballs. You can use the whole wheat pasta for a healthy variation of spaghetti meatballs.
- You can bake the healthy cookies with ragi and oatmeal.
- A chicken ball and spinach soup is the best recipe. It is a big bowl of delicious soup with minced chicken, plenty of spinach, carrots and sprouts. It is the perfect dish to be enjoyed on a chilly rainy day. It is light and lemony and makes you feel filled and content.
- A patient machchi is a delicacy of the Parsis. It is fresh and made with fleshy pomfret pieces marinated in coconut, coriander, chillies, garlic and cumin. It is steamed until it is hot and soft.
- The jower medley is a very healthy dish. It is also tasty. It has a rich source of protein, calcium and fibre to make a great nourishing meal. It is blended with baby corn and zucchini to enhance the value of nutrition.
- The amaranth tikkis are the most favourite dish of everybody. It is made with amaranth and fresh vegetables with a benefit of non- gluten diet. It contains fibre and proteins.
- The lentil and broccoli chat is also an amazingly healthy diet. A handful of sprouts are added in the chat along with charred broccoli. They can be given a gorgeous dressing of the olive oil.
- The ragi cookie contains have the value for protein. They are easy to eat because the ragi is tasty. You can add your preferred flavour and bake them. You can add ginger and cardamom for flavour.
- The oats idlis are one different combination altogether. They are perfect for the diet-conscious people. You have to take some roasted oats, grated carrots, coriander and chopped chillies. The oats are rich in vitamins and minerals.
These are some of the information about the foods that are healthy. Follow this plan to be healthy and stay healthy.